Docomomo international is a non-profit organization dedicated to the documentation and conservation of buildings, sites and neighbourhoods of the Modern Movement. It aims to:
· Bring the significance of the architecture of the Modern Movement to the attention of the public, the authoritiues, the professionals and the educational community.
· Identify and promote the surveying of the works of the Modern Movement.· Promote the conservation and (re)use of buildings and sites of the Modern Movement.
· Oppose destruction and disfigurement of significant works.
· Foster and disseminate the development of appropriate techiniques and methods of conservation and adptative (re)use.
· Attract funding for documentation conservation and (re)use.· Explore and develop new ideas for the future of a sustaniable built environment based on the past experiences of the Modern Movement.
Docomomo international wishes to extend its field of actions to new territories, establish new partnerships with institutions, organizations and NGOs active in the area of modern architecture, develop and publish the international register, and enlarge the scope of its activities in the realm of research, documentation and educaition.
In pursuit of the mission of Docomomo international, as updated in the Eindhoven-Seoul Statement 2014, the theme of the 17th International Docomomo Conferene is "Modern Design: Social Commitment & Quality of Life".
The Conference takes place in València, from 6 to 9 september 2022, at the Higher Technical School of Architecture of the Polytechnic University of Valencia, and at the Cheste Workers University, included as a work of the National Conservation Plan for the 20th Century and whose Paraninfo-Auditorium has received a "Keeping it Modern" Grant Award from the Getty Foundation Los Angeles.